About Hindi Samaaj:
Hindi Samaaj is a registered not-for-profit organisation and is actively engaged in teaching and promoting Hindi language, and also disseminating India's cultural values among the local community. Established in 1989, today Hindi Samaaj has a number of trained teachers who teach Hindi to young children. Hindi Samaaj enjoys enormous support from parents who take pride in working closely alongside teachers to achieve the objectives of Hindi Samaaj.
We cater for children from 6 years to young adults who are 17 years old. We are working with the community organization in Sydney to set up introductory Hindi for adult’s classes too.
In addition to the structured curriculum for Year levels 1 – 5, we provide a variety of experiences which support the students’ personal growth and to develop their ability to relate to members of their own community and the wider Sydney community. We endeavour to create opportunities for students to actively participate in community activities
Our management committee consists of highly motivated and talented members who are responsible for taking the school into the future and keep adding new dimensions.
- To encourage the use of Hindi language
- Promote appreciate and enjoyment of Hindi language, Literature and culture.
- Propagate the virtues of Hindi Culture for the sake of posterity.
- To contribute to the maintenance of Hindi language as our Mother Tongue
- To promote a positive attitude towards learning Hindi language and bilingualism
- To engender cultural awareness and positive self-identity among youth in Sydney
- To widen and strengthen the cultural and social networks of children, youth and adults in Sydney
In order to inculcate cultural values of India among children, we organise and also participate in a variety of community activities such as Holi,Bal Divas,India Australia friendship fair (15th August celebration)and other land mark events, the multicultural festival and the Diwali mela. We also participate in fundraising activities for the community groups. When there are opportunities to participate in educational displays, we actively participate there too.
Our curriculum has room for involving the young and the old from the community who share their special skills in music, art and drama.